I have a conference the next couple of days, so the boys will be baching it. So, I wanted to make a big dinner so there would be plenty of leftovers just in case. Sometimes Matt likes to have the freedom to make one of his specialties, but it is nice to know there is something they can just heat and eat if he’d rather.
I made a baked tortellini casserole that Cori sent me the recipe for a while back. I wanted to make some sort of bread to go along with it. A loaf didn’t seem right and breadsticks sounded like too much work. I wanted to spend this day with the boys and not forming breadsticks. So, I decided to go with cheesy bread instead.
- Combine hot water, honey and yeast in a mixing bowl.
- Pour flour over top of water. Follow with the salt, baking powder. Mix all ingredients together.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to hydrate the flour. Then knead on a floured surface for 5-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl and allow to rise for a half hour.
- Stretch dough with your fingers to cover a pizza pan. Allow to rise for about another half hour.
- Melt butter and stir in garlic salt. Brush over bread dough. Sprinkle cheese over garlic butter.
- Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes
- Cut into wedges or sticks and enjoy!