- 12 oz loaf Italian Bread
- 1 lrg garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1 lrg red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 st olive oil
- 12 oz ray turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup canned chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 3/4 cup low fat, shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
- Prehear oven to 400 degrees
- Slice bread in half lengthwise, rub insides with garlic. Place bread, open faces on one side of a baking sheet, and the other slice on the opposite side.
- Place broccoli on another baking sheet
- Coat veggies and bread with cooking spray. Bake until broccoli is tender, flip bread over and stir veggies halfway through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove pans from oven and cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Stir in broccoli and onion, bread cubes, broth, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakses.
- Coat a 9 inch square baking dish with PAM. Spoon 3 cups of broccoli mixture into dish.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chesse. Top with remaining broccoli mix and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minuts
Makes 8 Portions
Serving Size = 1 Portion
Weight Watchers Points Value = 6 Points