This is the pie recipe MiMi originally created to go toe to toe with the BBQ Bacon Pecan pie from the Cupcake Project. It is very similar to your traditional pecan pie, but the filling is sweetened with honey and maple syrup instead of corn syrup. She got going on a 3/4 measurement theme and it worked! She decided to enter the brownie pecan pie, figuring she might need chocolate to go against the bacon. But the funny thing is, this is the pie that people were still talking about. It starts out tasting a lot like what you would think pecan pie would taste like, but is finished with a really nice honey flavor. It would be a hit at your Thanksgiving table, for sure!
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine the flour and salt with the beaten eggs
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, vanilla and vinegar.
- Stir in the chopped pecans and pour into the pie shell.
- Arrange pecan halves on top.
- Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool for at least an hour on a wire rack, then in the refrigerator for at least a couple more.