I love minis! I can’t help but visit blogs with mini pies, cakes, pizzas… you name it, I love it! I think my obsession with mini portions is that they allow you to have a rich, decadent taste of something, without going totally overboard.
BBQ Chicken recipe adapted from: Taste of Home’s Healthy Cooking magazine recipe for Shredded Chicken and Pumpkin Grits
Slaw recipe adapted from: About.com: Southern Food
1/2-1/4 grated sweet onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. celery seed
1/2 c. cider vinegar
1 loaf of fresh french or italian bread
“I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter” spread
garlic powder, red pepper flakes, parsley
Preparing the chicken:
1. Place the chicken into a large skillet and add all listed ingredients.
2. Cover the skillet and cook on medium until chicken is cooked through.
3. Take the chicken out of the skillet and shred it with a fork.
4. Return the chicken to the skillet with the sauce and allow it to simmer on low for 30 minutes.
Preparing the slaw:
1. In a sauce pan, cook all of the ingredients together on medium (except for the cole slaw mix) until the sugar dissolves.
2. Cool the mixture, stir, and pour over cole slaw mix.
3. Refrigerate for 8 hours before serving.
Preparing the buttered toast:
1. Slice the loaf into thick slices.
2. Coat each side with “butter” spread and place the slices on a baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle one side with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
4. Bake on 350 degrees until golden brown.
If you enjoyed this recipe, I’d love for you to follow me on GoogleConnect, or “like” my Facebook page! Thanks 🙂