- One boxed cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla or white ready-to-spread frosting
- 3-4 cups Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- green food coloring
- jelly beans (the spotted ones if you can find them) or bird-shaped Peeps
- strawberry licorice strips
- Make cupcakes according to directions on box.
- Let them cool completely.
- Combine 2 drops of green food coloring with 1 tsp of water
- Pour coconut into a glass or metal bowl
- Drizzle green coloring on top of the coconut.
- Mix immediately and well to get even distribution of color.
- Ice each cupcake with vanilla or white frosting
- Arrange tinted coconut on each cupcake in the shape of a ring/circle. This is the outside shape of a “nest”
- Place a few jelly beans in the center. These are the “bird eggs” for the “nest” or place a Peep in the middle.
- For handle of “basket” poke wooden skewer into opposite sides of the cupcake. This is where the handles will go
- Bend a Twizzler into the curve you need for the handle, and poke ends deep into those holes you made with the skewer.