½ lb. (250 gr) Beef Liver
1 big or 3 small tomatoes
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 red pepper
2 tbsp. flour
1 hot pepper
Black pepper to taste
2 Clay dishes / 15 cm. wide x 5 cm
5.5 oz. (150 gr.) curd/cottage cheese or 3.5 (100 gr.) oz. ricotta
1 cup (50 gr.) feta cheese
2 garlic cloves
3-4 bay leaves
1. In a shallow pot we sauté the cubed liver in olive oil.
2. Once cooked, remove liver from oil and place in another dish.
3. In the remaining oil, brown the garlic sliced thin.
4. Add tomatoes, thin sliced.
5. Add pepper, thin sliced.
6. After a few minutes, add flour while continuously stirring the mixture so it does not stick to the pot.
7. Add curd/ricotta and Feta cheese and continue stirring.
8. Add bay leaves, hot pepper to liking, black pepper and a glass of hot water.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. Add sautéed liver.
11. Allow to cook together for approximately 5-7 minutes before placing the mixture into clay dishes.
12. Bake in 3750F degrees (200 Celsius) for about 20 minutes while occasionally checking.
13. Serve hot.