For the Dough:
– 300gm flour type 00
– 50gm semolina
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon yeast (approx. 7gm)
– 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
– 200ml lukewarm water *
For the Topping:
– 1 large potato very thinly sliced
– 2 anchovy fillets cut coarsely
– 100gm tuna chunks crushed
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
– fresh / dried rosemary
– salt and pepper
Sieve the flour. Add the salt and olive oil. Add the yeast. Dissolve the sugar in the water and add very slowly to the flour mixture, while kneading to form sticky dough. Form into a ball and stamp a few timed on the working bench. Place in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Leave to rise for an hour **. Roll out the pastry on a board sprinkled with semolina to form the pizza base. Place in a greased pizza pan. Leave to rise in a warm place.
Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and the tomato paste and brush over the pizza base top. Follow by spreading evenly the tuna and potato slices, onion and anchovy. Sprinkle the rosemary and the remaining olive oil on top. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake in a preheated oven (200ºC fan forced) for 20 minutes or until base edge is golden in colour.
* If the water is too hot it will kill the yeast.
** The dough should rise to double the size in an hour.
More Pizza Recipes on http://bread-and-pizza.blogspot.com/