Some of my favorite after dinner Czech treats are kolacky. There are hundreds of kolacky recipes out there, but I still stick with this simple one, especially when I am worried about having time to prepare other items be it dinner or other holiday bakery such as a houska/vanocka. Most kolacky recipes you will find do not use cream cheese in the dough; which is one of my favorite ingredients in this recipe. The rich cheese dough tastes delicious aside from the fruit filling.
I have posted a raspberry recipe on this site before and I just recently prepared a batch of apricot kolacky. For the filling, just about any apricot fruit filling will work whether using Solo filling, preserves, or jam. The recipe is a family keeper and I even enjoy one or two of these for a quick breakfast.
Fruit Filled Kolacky
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Stick Butter, softened
3/8 Cup Cream Cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
Apricot Fruit Filling (Jam, Preserves, or Canned Pastry Filling)
1. Cream softened butter, sugar and cream cheese
2. Slowly add Flour
3. Thoroughly mix dough until well blended/moist.
4. Refrigerate dough for a few hours.
5. Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch.
6. Cut Dough into Squares.
7. Place squares on greased cookie sheet.
8. Spoon fruit mixture onto center of pastry square.
9. Fold opposite corners into center forming a square.
10 Bake for 12-15 minutes in 375 degree oven.
11. Cool and serve.