Become a chef and make this tasty beef shawarma recipe. By the way, you can use beef, lamb, or chicken as you like. Shawarma is famous in the middle east and the Arab world, it’s also well known in the United States, Europe and Australia.
Ingredients – Beef Shawarma:
- 2 pounds beef, lamb or chicken, thinly sliced
- Marinade: 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation – Beef Shawarma:
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Add meat and marinate overnight. Place the marinated meat in a barbeque cage and cook over hot coals for 15 minutes.
- Combine tahini (sesame paste), clove of garlic, lemon juice and parsley until it is of a creamy texture. Add water if necessary.
- Place the cooked meat, sliced tomatoes and onions in pita bread and pour on the tahini mixture as desired.
NOTES : The cone of meat, marinated in yogurt and seasoning, is layers upon layers of meat (lamb, beef or chicken) place on a spit and topped off with an onion and lemon. The spit is placed vertically in front of an open flame. As the meat cooks it is turned. The shwarma chef takes his sharp knife in hand and cuts off paper thin slices of cooked meat which drop into a waiting tray below. The cooked meat, salad and yogurt or hot sauce are placed in the pocket of pita bread or on a long toasted roll.
Beef Shawarma Video…