2 cups of sauce from beef stew and any leftover meat
One cup of barley, cooked
One cup of frozen peas, carrots and corn
4 cups of soup stock or water
- Cut the meat into small pieces and put it into a pot with the sauce and the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Thin the soup, if necessary.
- Dish up and serve.
Now for the fried egg sandwich:
This recipe is for one large serving:
- Fry a couple of eggs. I don’t care for runny eggs so I fried both sides. But make it sunny side up if that is what you like.
- Split a piece of baguette in half. Slather with butter and fill with the fried egg.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and grind some pepper over the eggs. Mr. KC sprinkled some Maggi sauce on his.
Note: I often do things backwards. After we had eaten the sandwich, I went online for information on bahn mi op la. I discovered that the sandwich is usually made with fried eggs and greens. Cilantro, cucumber and other greens are added to it. I’ll have to remember that next time. And there will be many more times. Who knew a simple fried egg sandwich could taste so good!
Also the baguette is not sliced into two but cut so that the bread opens like a clamshell. It would hold the slippery egg better than two slices of bread.