This is a tasty quick dinner that uses leftover chicken and can be made to serve 6 or increase ingredients easily to make multiple stackers for a larger group.
- 6 large whole wheat tortilla shells per stack
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 can red kidney or black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 – 2 cans diced green chili’s
- 5 cups chopped cooked chicken (rotisserie chickens work great for this)
- 1 package mexican blend cheese
- Combine sour cream and taco seasoning and divide and spread between all but the tortilla shell that will be the topper.
- Divide chicken, kidney beans, green chili’s evenly over all but the top shell.
- Spoon salsa onto the top as you would salsa on tacos.
- Sprinkle with cheese as you would over tacos.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and layer the prepared shells one on top of another finishing with the bare shell. Sprinkle cheese on that shell and secure the stack with 3-4 wooden skewers to keep it from sliding.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. If the top starts to brown too much, lay a piece of foil loosely over the top.
Serve with additional salsa, sour cream and a crisp green salad….and enjoy!