250g of Greek feta cheese
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
fresh ground black pepper
1. Using a sharp knife and without hesitation, cleanly slice the feta into 1/2 inch thick slices, be careful not to crumble or break the cheese when slicing. When the cheese is cut, put the slices on a plate and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to ensure that the cheese is firm.
2. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg well and mix in the oregano and the pepper.
3. Cover the bottom of a small plate with a generous amount of sesame seeds.
4. Dip the cheese into the egg mixture making sure to cover both sides well, then dip it into the sesame seeds and completely cover both sides of the cheese with a layer of sesame seeds; pat the seeds onto the cheese with your fingers if necessary to ensure a complete encrusting.
5. Heat the olive oil in a shallow pan at a medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, place the sesame-covered cheese in the pan and cook until you see the cheese starting to melt along its bottom edge, then carefully turn the slice over and cook to the melting point again. Remove and serve immediately.
I know you will enjoy this one…