* 25 higher-welfare chicken wings
* Ginger and honey marinade
* 5 spring onions , finely sliced
* 5 tbsp honey
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 red chilli , sliced
* 1-2 cm piece of ginger , grated
* 4-5 sprigs of thyme , leaves picked
Recipe by Lloyd Hayes
Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl to make a sticky sauce.
Place the chicken wings in a single layer in a wide, shallow, nonreactive dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours.
Heat your barbecue or griddle pan until hot. Cook the wings for 15–20 minutes, turning often, until dark and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a skewer. If cooking on a griddle, finish the wings in the oven at 180C/gas 4 for 10–15 minutes to ensure they’re cooked through.