Here’s the Recipe:
This recipe looks longer than it actually is, it really is quick and easy and can be a whole meal in itself. Vegetarians particularly love this soup as it is delicious and filling as well.
500g Green Beans – Sliced into about 2″ pieces
(Traditionally they are sliced lengthways, then cut in half)
2-3 Carrots – Sliced into rounds
A Bunch of Parsley – Roughly Chopped
2-3 Garlic Cloves – Roughly Chopped
2-3 Tblsp Light Oil
- Sautee the vegetables in your Soup Pot with the Oil for about 10 minutes.
- Add about 2 litres of water, simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
For the Dumplings (they are called Nokedli in Hungary)
2 Cups of Plain Flour
Pinch of Salt
Enought water to make a sticky dough.
- Drop Teaspoonsful of the dumpling mixture into simmering soup and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add 200ml of Milk or a few Tablespoons of Cream
- Slowly drizzle a beaten Egg into the soup
- Add 2 -3 Tblsp White Vinegar
Enjoy your Soup!
This is one of my favourite family recipes, especially in summer or spring. I hope it will become one of your favourites too!
Get more Hungarian Recipes…