This is a recipe Frog Prince loves!
Each summer when produce is plentiful, he requests this dish. I often add it to the menu just to surprise him. It’s a keeper! We have a stove-top version too – for when it’s too hot to roast the veggies in the oven.
Mixed Roasted Veggies & Pasta – Adapted from Betty Crocker
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch quarters
- 1 medium red/purple onion, quartered & separated
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, white or bella
- 2 T basil
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. each, salt & pepper
- 2 C uncooked pasta
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 oz. Italian-style shredded cheeses (Parm, Ramano, Asiago)
In lightly greased 9×13 glass pan, place peppers, onion, zucchini and mushrooms.
Sprinkle the veggies with basil.
In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper; drizzle over veggies.
Roast the veggies at 450 degrees for 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally during that time.
Meanwhile, boil the pasta and shred the cheese. Drain the pasta – and add the pasta to the 9×13 baking dish too.
Stir to combine.
Sprinkle with cheeses.
Bake at 325, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
Cheese will be nice and melty…