I love to grow things organically! Of the many things I grow, Black Jewel Raspberries are among my favorite things that I look forward to each year.
One of the things I make with them is Black Raspberry Jam. I prefer low sugar jams… I like to taste the goodness of the fruit, before I notice with sweetness. So, this is what I did, and you can see the video here:
- About 8 – 10 cups of Black Raspberries
- 2 lbs Sugar
- 1 box of No Sugar Pectin
- Mash half of the berries in a large pot with a potato masher
- Use a food mill to de-seed the other half of the berries
- Heat up the berries and add the pectin, while stirring.
- When you get a good boil going, add all of the sugar at once. Stir constantly.
- Test the Jam on a spoon that you have put in the freezer, to see if it sets… Keep cooking if it doesn’t
- Ladle the Jam into clean canning jars and leave about 1/4″ headspace.
- Can in a hot water bath canner for about 15 minutes..
- Remove the jars and let sit for 24 hours.
- Refrigerate any jars that don’t seal.
This is so simple. The jam has such an intense flavor, that is just wonderful…. I sure hope you enjoy this recipe!