I love cornbread but with so much discussion around corn these days I thought I’d develop a recipe that tastes like cornbread without the corn! I like the flavor of cornbread especially with my stews, soups and heartier meals and since we are nearing Thanksgiving I thought it was only best to get this out to you all to enjoy sooner rather than later!
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ⅛ cup tapioca
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted butter or ghee (not hot)
- ¼ cup honey (organic tupelo, orange or clover)
- 6 drops vanilla cream stevia
- 2 eggs
- Coconut oil for greasing
OPTIONAL: HONEY BUTTER
- ¼ cup honey, room temperature
- ½ cup ghee or unsalted butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease square or round muffin tins. Square makes it look like a cornbread loaf. J
- Sift the flour, tapioca, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the butter, honey, stevia and eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet into the dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Fill each tin ½ full.
- Place in the middle of the middle oven rack.
- Bake 11-13 minutes until more than golden; it will slightly brown.
- Let cool.
- Serve with honey butter.
- Blend the ghee/butter and honey and whip rapidly with a fork or a very small wire whisk.