On the fourth day of my Paleo diet, I knew I had to eat something different than eggs for breakfast. I was craving something sweet and it happened to be Valentines Day so I had to cook something special for my husband who was also getting tired of the same old eggs. I played around with the ingredients, tweaking them here and there and came up with something quite tasty on the third try. I think this recipe is a keeper!
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (see notes)
2 Tbsps. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsps. flaxseed meal
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsps. pumpkin pie spice (see notes)
1-2 Tbsps. coconut oil or ghee for frying the pancakes.
Pure maple syrup and/fresh fruit for topping (optional)
A light drizzle of ghee just before serving makes it sublime!
I used canned pumpkin. You can also use apple sauce if pumpkin is not available.
If you do not have pumpkin pie spice, make your own by mixing 11/2 Tbsps. cinnamon, 1tsp. each nutmeg, clove and ginger powder. Use 2 tsps. for this recipe and save the rest for another time.
- Beat eggs lightly in a bowl. Mix in pumpkin, honey and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing until well blended. (If the batter gets too thick, add a little ater, juice or almond/coconut milk).
- Heat a skillet on medium heat, lightly oil it and cook pancakes, flipping when lightly browned on one side.
- These pancakes burn easily so do not let the skillet get too hot.
- Serve with maple syrup or honey and fresh fruit!
Copyright © Rashmi Rustagi 2017. All Rights Reserved.