Jax and I both have a love for peanut butter and popcorn. So, I thought we should mix them together and see how it goes. This one is a winner! I made it using the same idea as Jenny’s Smacky Delcious Mix and Grandma Scharnhorst’s Microwave Caramel Corn where you use the microwave to dry it out. That makes the recipe go so much faster than baking it off.
- Place popcorn in a large microwave safe bowl and lay out some waxed paper for later
- In a large sauce pan, mix together the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 3 minutes stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. It will foam. Add peanut butter and vanilla and stir until completely combined
- Pour hot caramel over popcorn and stir until combined
- Place bowl in microwave and cook on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and repeat two more times
- Spread popcorn out on waxed paper (be careful it is really hot!) and allow to completely cool and harden
- Store in an airtight container