The three basic customs of Lent are:
* Justice to Our Lord by prayer
* Justice to ourselves and our body by observing simple eating habits
* Justice for our neighbours by offering them gifts and doing charity to the needy
Here is a simple, economical meal for one:
There really isn’t a recipe for the noodles. Just boil some noodles, drain and add some hot sauce. I used vegetarian hot bean sauce. Top with some chopped scallions and sesame seeds. To accompany the noodles, I served Korean namul, side dishes of boiled spinach and bean sprouts dressed with soy sauce, garlic, chopped scallions and sesame oil.
- Boil a pot of water and blanch the bean sprouts. Remove with slotted spoon. Make the dressing in a small bowl. Add the bean sprouts and mix together. Dish up. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
- Bring the water back to a boil. Do the same for the spinach.
- Finally, boil the noodles. This should take about 6 minutes. Add the cooked noodles to the bowl. Add some vegetarian hot bean sauce. Mix together. Dish up.