This simple tomato salsa can be made with various different ingredients, but here follows my personal favorite……
You will need:
1. 6-8 medium ripe tomatoes
2. Garlic (amount depending on preference)
3. 1-2 Green peppers
4. Olive oil
5. salt to taste
6. 1 tablespoon of sugar
How to cook:
1. Chop the tomatoes and then blend until they become a liquid.
2. Transfer tomatoes to a pan, add the salt and cook for roughly 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, de seed and chop the peppers into pieces about 2 cm in size and chop the garlic.
4. In a frying pan, add a little olive oil, the garlic and the peppers. Allow to cook gently until they are soft.
5. After about 20 minutes of cooking the tomatoes, almost all of the liquid should have evaporated and you will be left with a thick sauce. If necessary, cook a little longer.
6. When you have a thick salsa, turn the heat right down and add the sugar to the tomatoes.
7. Add the cooked garlic and peppers to your tomatoes and heat gently.
8. Serve in a bowl adding a little olive oil to the salsa.
Tapas: yes (serve with a basket of bread, or as an accompaniment to meats)
Main meal: no