This is so easy to make and just delicious.
1.5 cups of split red lentils
1.25-1.5 litres of vegetable stock
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves sliced
.5 teaspoon ground cumin
1 level teaspoon cumin seeds
1 level teaspoon ground coriander
1 tomato peeled and diced
Juice of 1 lemon
- Fry onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the spices & get them all warm and toasty.
- Add the lentils and stir to coat in the aromatic oil.
- Add the stock & tomato and let it simmer (covered) for about 20mins.
- Stir in the lemon juice and coriander just before serving.
This is lovely served with basmati rice and my quick and easy besan dosai.