Here follows a recipe for one of my favourite dishes, so versatile it can be used as a starter, main meal and of course in smaller quantities, a delicious tapa…….
How to cook:
1. Clean the mussels thouroughly removing all “hair” from the shells
2. Finely dice the onion, garlic and chilli pepper
3. Put all the ingredients into a large pot or kettledrum, adding the wine
4. Steam for about 10 minutes, (with the lid on) or until the shells have opened.
*. Discard any unopened shells
5. Serve with a basket of fresh bread
Main meal: yes