8 Large Sweet Potatoes or Yams
Salt for Water and 1/2 tsp for potatoes
1.5 cups whipping cream
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 tbsp Molasses
6 Tbsp Butter
1/4 Cup Bourbon(Jack Daniels)
1. Peel and cut up potatoes in small pieces.
2. Place potatoes in pot of cold water with salt and bring to a boil, cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and put potatoes back in pan.
3. While potatoes are cooking, take a medium saucepan and combine cream, cayenne and black pepper, molasses, butter and bourbon. Simmer over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is creamy.
4. Pour mixture over mashed sweet potatoes, with dash of salt.
5. Place potatoes in baking dishm sprinkle with brown sugar and bake until brown sugar is melted.